Sutton, July, 21st, 2016 (IndCatholicNews). Applications are invited for the post of Press & Digital Media Officer at Aid to the Church in Need - a Catholic charity working in over 140 countries across the world, helping Christians who are persecuted, oppressed or in pastoral need.
- JOB TITLE Press & Digital Media Officer
- WORK BASE Aid to the Church in Need UK National Office, Sutton
- RESPONSIBLE TO Head of Press & Information
- CO-ORDINATING WITH
Digital Media Manager
Head of Fundraising & Marketing
Fundraising & Marketing Officer
Direct Marketing Manager
Community Fundraising Officer
- MAIN PURPOSE:
- Fulfilling the aim of raising ACN’s profile, the primary objective will be to deliver high-quality work for online and hard-copy usage, thereby meeting the growing demand for reliable, well-researched and accessible (audio-visual) aural and written materials.
- Working within both the Fundraising & Marketing and Press & Information departments, the principal tasks will involve research work in support of major ACN publications and driving forward the charity’s new media objectives. Another key function will be building up ACN’s library of information resources - both online and off.
- Areas of Responsibility will include, but not be limited to:
- PRESS & INFORMATION : Working at the direction of the Head of Press & Information, and in support of the Press Officer, the role will include:
Researching and writing about Christians in countries of concern for new media and major research publications including our Persecuted & Forgotten? and Religious Freedom in the World Reports.
Carrying out interviews, reviewing published materials, drafting documents, editing and proofing, preparing documents about ACN projects and sourcing images.
Preparing regular news releases, interviews and other materials for external media use.
Preparation of audio visual materials for fund-raising and awareness-raising purposes.
Assisting with Parliamentary and Press conferences involving ACN - E.g. Liaising with media, provision of texts and other materials for media.
Building up online and hard copy information resources - Updating and uploading image archive, creating indexed archive of DVDs and other audio/visual resources, monitoring and recording media coverage, overseeing press cuttings for our international HQ.
Information requests - responding to requests from Regional Managers, Area Secretaries and benefactors about ACN’s work and background information on the charity’s areas of concern, provision of weekly news digests for area secretaries and others within ACN UK.
- DIGITAL MEDIA: Working with the Digital Media Manager in fulfilling ACN UK’s digital media objectives, the role will include:
Preparing content to update key ACN information on the website including Project Country Reports, Persecuted and Forgotten? and Religious Freedom sections and adapting this content, as appropriate, for social media use.
Writing and disseminating material across a range of digital platforms.
To provide key information for fundraising, marketing and prayer resources.
Responsibility for core ACN social media messages.
Key input into building up and accurately cataloguing searchable ACN material in a range of formats on ACN electronic data banks - Asset Bank (ACN UK) and IPIC (ACN International) - with special focus on images.
- SKILL SET:
- Good knowledge of and sympathy with Christian Gospel values
- Familiarity with Roman Catholic Church teachings and structures
- Knowledge of and sympathy with relevant subject matter
- Good organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Writing ability - both for new media and traditional media
- Experience of research preferably at degree level
- Social media and other IT expertise. Ideally: Quark, Photoshop, Publisher and MS Office
- To ensure that core content of the website is timely, well-researched and authoritative
- To develop a broader range of inter-active multi-media resources
- Working as a team - helping to create authoritative and engaging research project (Persecuted and Forgotten?), building on the success of previous editions
- To improve ACN’s database of resources - both online and hard-copy
- To improve ACN’s information provision within the charity and to benefactors
- Written weekly audit of activities demonstrating outcomes and ROI or other metrics
- All plans and proposed expenditure to be agreed in advance
- All media and marketing activity to be agreed with the Head of Fundraising & Marketing and the Head of Press & Information
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Salary £23,000 per annum.
- Full-time: 37.5 hour week, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays after five full years of employment.
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme after three months’ probation.
- Closing date: Sunday 14th August 2016
- Interviews: Friday 19th August 2016