- Towards COP21: Broadcasting the voices of the communities - An international radio series
- AMARC - Global Fund for Radio Campaigns
- Ireland : Jack Byrne, media literacy and Community radio in Dublin
- AMARC launches international community radio programme
- Sri Lanka : Specialized bible story CDs popular at Colombo book fair
- Radio Maria Uganda Gulu Substation embraces the national workshop resolution
- Pope Francis to release a pop-rock album!
- Portugal : Radio Renascença interviewed Pope Francis
- Papua: SSR together with diocesan radio stations
- AMARC 11: New management, new challenges for Community Radio broadcasters
- Twenty Catholic radio stations will be active in Kenya by 2020
- World Radio Day 2015: Youth and Radio
- First Christian Radio Launched in Pakistan
- Kenyan Diocese of Isiolo Set to Launch its Radio Station
- Catholic Radio Journalist Murdered in Central African Republic
- Official Opening of the World Radio Day 2013 Platform
- Vatican Radio: From Short Waves to New Communications Strategies
- SSR Provides New Portable FM Radio Station
- Online campaign for Radio Shalom in Sierra Leone
- "Kalam Ke Geet", New Audio Production of WAVE Studio Lahore
- First UNESCO World Radio Day on February 13
- Community Media and the Arab Spring Conference to be held in Tunis March 2012
- “Value of Radio” Workshop in Lahore, Pakistan
- Vatican Radio: Around the World in 80 Years
- L’Osservatore Romano Offers Free Radio Program
- AMARC 10 Global Conference in La Plata, Argentina
- Australia’s Newest Catholic Media, CRADIO - An Internet Radio Station
- Suriname’s Radio Katolika on the Internet
- Radio Dialogue Losing Patience over Licence Delays
- Haiti: AMARC Calls on Community Broadcasters to Rally in Support
- Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009 Promotes Empowerment and Peacebuilding
- Radio Program Empowers Young People in Cambodia
- Radio for Peacebuilding Africa Awards 2009
- Faith Satellite Radio and SIGNIS Services Rome Begin a New Phase
- 4th Pan African Conference of AMARC Africa Reinforces Community Radio Networks in Africa
- Radio Pacis in Uganda Wins Capacity Building Award
- Radio BOSCO FM 89.9 Celebrates its 4th Anniversary in the Solomons
- Radio Voices Without Frontiers 2009
- First World Congress of Catholic Radios Focuses on Identity and Future
- H2Onews: Vatican Radio at the Service of Worldwide Radio
- H2Onews: The Radio, the Modern Pulpit
- H2Onews: World Congress of Catholic Radio
- Faith Satellite Radio to Air American Catholic Radio Programming
- Faith Satellite Radio to Air Maryknoll Programming
- BBC Helps Award Winning Radio Pacis to Launch FM Frequency
- Bosco FM Celebrates 3 Years of Community Broadcasting
- Zimbabwe: Radio Dialogue Recording from Prison to Be Broadcast on BBC
- Cambodia: Catholic Church Uses Radio To Inform, Empower Youth
- Faith Satellite Radio Begins Shipping to Africa
- Catholic Radio Stations in the US Set to Double
- First Conference of AMARC Africa - MENA in Rabat, Morocco
- Portuguese-speaking Radios Meet in Portugal on the 10th Anniversary of VOX
- Voz Latina Radio wins another Gabriel Award
- 19th URTI International URTI Radio Grand Prix
- Kenya: Church to open three new radio stations
- Pakistan: WAVE Celebrates 30 Years of Interreligious Dialogue
- Faith Satellite Radio and SIGNIS to Offer Satellite Radio in Africa
- Radio RTK of Malta Celebrates 15 Years of Broadcasting
- Trinity FM, Catholic Radio Station of Papua New Guinea Celebrates 4th Anniversary
- RKK Calls for Easter Radio Programs
- Radio Bakhita, first Catholic radio station in Sudan launched
- Voz Latina Radio Wins Gabriel Award
- Radio for Peacebuilding Awards 2006
- AMARC Launches Forum on Social Impact of Community radio
- SIGNIS Africa Radio Workshop in Dar es Salaam: "Behaviour Change Through Radio"
- UNICEF/OneWorld Radio competition for Youth Broadcast
- Radio Dialogue: Speaking to the Community through "Taxi Tunes"
- AMARC Africa Round Table on Community Radio
- Community Radio to Come to Kiribati
- Malaysia’s First Community Based Online Radio Station Goes on Air
- Family Theater Productions podcasting Voz Latina dramatic radio series
- Listen to the “Voices of our World” online
- Radio BOSCO Solomon Celebrates its First Anniversary
- Pontiff Notes a Milestone for Vatican Radio
- Asia-Pacific gets new regional network for community radio
Radio Bakhita, first Catholic radio station in Sudan launched
Juba, January 5, 2007 (Catholic Information Service for Africa) - The Catholic Church in South Sudan has a new voice: a radio station dedicated to the country’s first saint, Josephine Bakhita.
Bakhita Radio 91 FM, based in the South Sudanese capital, Juba, went on air on Christmas Eve with carols and Christmas messages from Catholic and Anglican church leaders.
At midnight, it broadcast live from St. Theresa’s Cathedral, in Kator, the mass celebrated by Archbishop Paulino Lukudo Loro of Juba.
Archbishop Loro welcomed with enthusiasm the beginning of Bakhita Radio and thanked the Comboni institutes for "the Christmas present to the Catholic Church in South Sudan."
Bakhita Radio 91 FM, The Voice of the Church, broadcasts a daily programme of two hours. On Feb. 8, the feast of St. Josephine Bakhita, it will be on air with transmissions in the morning and evening.
The radio is the mother-station of Sudan Catholic Radio Network. The signal covers a 30 km-plus radius. It has a potential audience of more than 500,000 listeners.
Sudan Catholic Radio Network is a joint venture of the Comboni Missionary Institutes. The network was set up to celebrate the canonization of St Daniel Comboni and was offered to the Catholic Bishops Conference of Sudan.
The network will have eight radio stations, one in each diocese in South Sudan plus the Nuba Mountains.