- Media Education Seminars Conclude and Highlight Education in the Solomons
- Puskat Marks 40th Anniversary with Media Education Seminar
- "Media Education Is a Must" for Santhome Communications Centre
- FMM Sisters in Chennai Call Parents to Protect their Children from the Effects of the Media
- Media Education Short Course for Solomons’ Youth
- Media Education Workshop in the Solomons
- Media Education Seminar: Analyzing and Learning in a Media-rich Environment
- 4th Media Seminar in Honiara: "You Can Change your Lives"
- ‘Media Education’ for All Parents of a School Run by FMM Sisters in India
- Santhome Communications Centre Produces Fifteen Media Education Trainers
- Media Education Seminar in the Solomons Focuses on Newsletter
- Media Education Seminar in Papua New Guinea
- Children our First Concern and Hope for the Future
- ReFOCUS: Malaysian Media Education Initiative on YouTube
- Media students Complete Church Training in the Solomons
- Johannesburg 2007: The Goals of the 5th World Summit
- Johannesburg 2007: A Voice for Children in the Media
- Johannesburg 2007: SIGNIS Workshops at the 5th World Summit
- US National Media Education Conference 2007
- Lola Kenya Screen Wins Grand Prize at Fifth World Summit on Media and Children
- Women’s Interfaith Media Literacy Initiative Launched
- Johannesburg 2007: SIGNIS Delegation to the 5th World Summit
- International Children’s Day of Broadcasting 2006
- UNESCO Handbook on Media Awareness
- Media Education in Malta - Historical Perspectives and Current Developments
- Solomon Students Present Short Films in Media Education Project
- Paper of Prof. David Buckingham about Media Education
- Media Education Seminar: "Media is for Everybody"
- Fr. Joe Borg elected head of IAMCR section
- CREC to provide formation courses in pastoral communication to seminarians
- New Russian Books Devoted to Media Education
Johannesburg 2007: SIGNIS Delegation to the 5th World Summit
Brussels, March 20, 2007 (SIGNIS) - The 5th World Summit on Media & Children which is to take place from March 24 to 28 in Johannesburg, South Africa, hopes to gather a thousand professionals and 300 teenagers. The theme of the Summit is "Media as tools for peace and global democracy". A special emphasis will be put on radio, one of the world’s most popular media.
SIGNIS will be actively participating at the Summit with a Delegation of 12 people coming from North and South America, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Pacific. SIGNIS World President Augy Loorthusamy will be heading the Delegation and will present a paper on "Media as a tool to build peace" on March 26.
The 5th World Summit on Media & Children is the follow-up to the Rio Summit of 2004, in which a SIGNIS Delegation already participated.
More information: www.5wsmc.com