- Radharc Awards Announced for Young Filmmakers
- 2012 CSSC Award to Radijojo, the World Children’s Radio Network
- Radharc Awards at Fresh Film Festival 2011
- Younger Children Still Need to Develop Key Online Skills, Finds Europe-wide Study
- UNESCO Supports Online Youth TV Programme
- Viração Magazine: Consciousness-Raising Media for Young Brazilians
- Reflections on the World Summit on Media for Children and Youth 2010
- World Summit Karstad 2010: Towards a New Global Vision for Children, Youth and Media
- Karlstad 2010: SIGNIS Promotes Media Education and Children’s Creativity
- Karlstad 2010: 6th World Summit on Media for Children and Youth
- International Children’s Day of Broadcasting 2010
- Prix Jeunesse 2010 Call for Entries
- Statement from SIGNIS on the 20th Anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- DB Click: Children Focuses on Media, Children and Development
- BICE Launches a World Appeal for Childhood in Geneva
- China and Ghana broadcasters win 2008 International Children’s Day of Broadcasting Awards
- Lola Kenya Screen 2008 Trains Children in Filmmaking, Journalism, Critical Appreciation
- Lola Kenya Screen Announces its 2008 Festival Film Line up
- Ethiopian Children’s TV Show Wins International Award
- Alliance of Civilizations Youth Solidarity Fund
- ’Gang Up On Poverty!’: Short Film Competition for Young UK Filmmakers
- 2008 Year of the Children on Tele Lumiere-Noursat
BICE Launches a World Appeal for Childhood in Geneva
Geneva, April 28, 2009 (BICE) - On the United Nations Convention’s 20th anniversary relating to Children’s rights, the International Catholic Child Bureau (BICE) has taken the initiative to launch a World Appeal to a New Mobilization for Childhood. The Appeal will be launched in Geneva on 4th June 2009 at the Palais des Nations Unies.
The adoption, twenty years ago, of the United Nations Convention relating to children’s rights has shown undeniable progress. However, worrying setbacks and serious violations of children’s rights remain in many regions of the world. The present world crisis will not improve the situation. Therefore it is urgent that a new widespread action be called for children’s rights. That is why, following BICE’s initiative, personalities and organisations all over the world are launching a World Appeal to a new mobilization for childhood, open to all for signature.
The Appeal calls out to States as guarantors of the Convention’s execution, the international Community, media, moral and religious authorities, lay organisations, as well as all goodwill men and women, because respecting children’s rights and dignity concerns us all.
The signature of the Appeal is largely open to NGOs, independent institutions for the defence of human rights and the protection of children, educational institutions, youth organisations, social institutions, moral and religious organisations and authorities, committed key figures, and general public. The deadline for signatures is 15th May.
Its signature means promoting respect towards children to ensure the full development of a child and all children. Through the circulation of the Appeal, the signatories also show their commitment to defend children’s dignity and rights wherever they are scorned.
A reference document for the World Appeal to a New Mobilization for Childhood has been drawn up by an international Comity of experts from reports established on the situation of children in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe-ICE. The document, used as a basis for this Appeal, is available on the BICE website.
The complete text for the World Appeal to a New Mobilization for Childhood is available on the BICE website