- Kuangchi Program Service Trains Taiwan’s Bishops in Media
- Cardinal Foley Scholarship Fund to Support Professional Formation of Church’s Communicators
- Christian Youth Get Training in Electronic Media in New Delhi
- Fr Jacob Srampickal Appointed NISCORT Director
- A new course in "Pastoral Communication" at the Salesian University, Rome
- CREC Trains RDC Bishops on "Media Culture"
- Film and Faith 5: Film and the Sacraments Seminar in January 2011
- Caribbean School for Catholic Communications 2010: Preparing the Church for the Digital Age
- "Parish Media Advocators" Training in the Solomons
- Film and Faith 4: Asian Spirituality in Film
- H2Onews: Seminars Equip Catholics for Media Challenges
- CFA to Hold 3rd "Film and Faith" Seminar and Festival of SIGNIS Award-Winning Films
- Opening of the Babin Centre of Communications in Bangkok
- Caribbean School for Catholic Communications 2008
- UCIP Summer University Celebrates 20th Anniversary and Goes ’Baltic’
- Youths Train on Video Skills
- Liverpool hosts media training weekend for world youth day pilgrims
- ’Media as Partners in Education for Sustainable Development’ - New Training Kit from UNESCO
- Hong Kong Diocese Launches Multimedia Lab To Improve Church Leaders’ Media Skills
- 2nd Film and Faith Seminar at CFA, Manila
- NISCORT: 10 Years of Contribution to the Church in India
- Students Gain New ‘Hands-on’ Resource for Learning about Media and Faith
- InterMediando: a "Creative" Approach of Communication for Young People
- Film Meets Faith at CFA, Philippines
- Don Bosco Communications and Information Technology Institute launched in the Philippines
- CFA Hosts First "Film and Faith" Seminar in Asia
- Ten Steps to Successful Social Marketing
- IIJC Summer University 2006 in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
- Communication Courses at the Gregorian University 2006-2007
- Communication Personnel Build a Bridge
- UNESCO and Microsoft inaugurate community technology learning centre in Lebanon
- New Christian Radio Training Centre in Kenya
- Media - powerful means of communicating values in PNG
"Parish Media Advocators" Training in the Solomons
Gizo, June 8, 2010 (CCS/ Rellysdom Mala) - Twelve media volunteers around the diocese of Gizo in the Solomon Islands, Pacific were trained to become Parish Media Advocators from 26th till 30th April.
The five day seminar, which took place in Gizo, was mainly focused on the Pope’s message for the World Communication Day held on May 16th 2010. It included some of the inputs which have helped to understand how the media so important in the diocese, and other basic information.
Advocators were heavily involvement in discussions, including a debate on the issues affecting the villages and suggestions as to how to resolve those problems.
The participants spent time learning how to record, edit songs and interviews as well as preparing their own newsletter.
At the end of the successful five days of workshops and seminars, the advocators came together to compose an encouraging message song for youths around the country.
During the closing, Parish priest Fr. Steven encouraged every participant to commit and implement the program, especially in regard send information about our diocese throughout the nation. This media program provided a great deal of information about the media and encouraged participants to have more programs implemented and sent to the CCSI.
The seminar concluded with a thanksgiving Mass for all the newly trained Parish Media Advocators. The program was facilitated by Joe Vidiki, from the Catholic Communication Solomon Island, Joseph Lalaubatu, Diocese of Gizo Coordinator and assisted by Rellysdom A Malakana from the Media Office, Diocese of Gizo.