- Statute for Vatican’s Secretariat for Communications published
- Bishops in Ghana Appoint New Social Communications Director
- Seminar on Mercy in the media
- The Tanzania Episcopal Conference celebrates the 50th World Communications Day
- New changes at the Vatican Press Office
- Vatican bids farewell to Archbishop Celli
- CEPACS Calls for Closer Collaboration of Catholic Media Organizations
- Moroto diocese hosts the 50th world communications day celebration
- 50th World Communications Day
- Vatican Communication Reform
- The Salesian Communication Days
- Malaysian Lenten campaign promotes advocacy via social media
- Communicating in the language of the parishers
- WCD 2016: Pope Francis’ Message
- Reforming Vatican communications
- Ratzinger Prize awarded to Lebanese and Brazilian Professors
- Salesian Communication in America looks to the future
- WCD 2016: The theme is "Communication and Mercy: a fruitful encounter"
- Kenyan Catholic nun promoted to associate professor in communication
- Vatican and communication: looking at the year 2014
- New Commission to Reform Vatican Media
- Papal Message for World Communications Day 2015: "Communicating the Family: A Privileged Place of Encounter with the Gift of Love"
- Tanzania: Bishop Advocates the Creation of Social Media Apostolate in the Dioceses
- European Bishops Debate on the Church’s Presence on the Internet
- “Is it about “new media” when talking about “new Culture”?
- "Communication at the Service of an Authentic Culture of Encounter" - Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2014
- "Communication at the service of an authentic culture of encounter": Theme of WCD 2014 Announced
- Pope Assesses Social Media Positively in Message for the World Communications Day 2013
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2013: "Social Networks: Portals of Truth and Faith; New Spaces for Evangelization"
- World Communications Day 2013 to Focus on Social Media
- Benedict XVI Stresses Value of Silence in Message for World Communications Day 2012
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2012: "Silence and Word: Path of Evangelization"
- Emergence of Internet a "Revolution", Says Pope in his Message for World Communications Day 2011
- Pope’s message for World Communications Day 2011: "Truth, Proclamation and Authenticity of Life in the Digital Age"
- H2ONews: Priests and the digital world
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2010: "New Media at the Service of the Word"
- Catholic Communicators Back Pope’s Call for Priests to Use Digital Media
- Pope Urges Priests to Use Communications Media on Releasing the Theme of WCD 2010
- Vatican to Prepare New Document on Media
- Archbishop Celli Urges Use of Technology to Spread Message of Word
- Theology and Communications Conference in St John’s University, New York
- H2Onews: The Media, a Means of Evangelization
- Archbishop Celli Adresses European Communication Summit
- Communication and Theology in Conversation
- Communications Media: Common Good before Profit
- ’Go Tell Everyone’: A Vision for Evangelisation in a Modern Culture
- Pontiff Sees Media as Vital for the Gospel
- ’The Media: A Network for Communication, Communion and Cooperation’
Salesian Communication in America looks to the future
Rome, Brussels, October 12th, 2015 (ANS/SIGNIS/ Andrés Felipe Loaiza, SDB) - Salesian Delegates for Social Communication in the Inter-America region met last month in Peru and those of the Southern Cone of America met in Brazil. Both meetings were led by Fr Filiberto González, General Councillor for Social Communication.
- Fr Filiberto González
The conclusions reached concerned the division of work among the sectors of the Salesian Mission; the formation of Salesians, lay people, parents and young people in new languages and media; clearly articulated policies for those involved in communication; reflection on and implementation of Information Technologies and Communication in schools.
The Social Communication Delegates of the two Salesian Regions of America gathered in two separate meetings to address the overall theme of Social Communication, from the 27th General Chapter to the educative and pastoral situation of the family, the school and the parish. They formulated conclusions for each region and for each province, based on the Salesian Social Communication System.
In the area of animation, it’s necessary to give more attention to the relationship between the sectors of the Salesian Mission, with particular emphasis on Communication and Training, through a project that establishes the formative elements (communication, new languages and media) for the Salesians, lay people, parents and young people.
In the area of information, the delegates from both regions shared their experiences through various channels and drew up a Style Manual, which will allow better targetting of the criteria to raise awareness of the Salesian presence in different media and communication channels.
In the area of Production and business it is critical that media companies (publishers, printing companies, radio, television, production centres...) be articulated in accordance with the communications, economic and pastoral policies of the Congregation.
In the field of Arts and Culture it will be necessary - for those who have not done so yet - to draw up an inventory listing cultural collections of historical and artistic heritage of the Provinces.
Moreover, for some time they have been reflecting on the presence of the Salesians and their employees in social networks, to establish some basic criteria to make the Salesian presence in the media really educational and evangelizing. These criteria were the subject of reflection and will be published later, and studied and disseminated by the Provincial Delegates of Social Communication.
Finally, the promotion of reflection on the use of Information Technologies and Communication in the Salesian Schools in America was noted.
The documents with the conclusions of both regions can be found on this website.