- 4th Mother Teresa International Film Festival
- The rebellion of women as leading topic of the 14th Tofifest International Film Festival
- A review of the festival del film locarno, 2016: Community, gloom and hope
- Sixth edition of the Slum Film Festival
- Call for entries for the International Christian Film Festival
- Call for entries Asian Women’s Film Festival
- Extended deadline for the International Catholic Film and multimedia Festival Niepokalanow
- The First South Sudanese Film Festival
- SIGNIS India organizes the Mother Teresa International Film Festival
- Call for Young Talents at the Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival
- 36th Amiens International Film Festival
- Film Festival Puskat
- Call for entries: "Films in Progress"
- Calling all college filmmakers!
- The 2016 Tribeca Film Festival
- Call for entries for "My Short" - Film Festival in India.
- Film festival organized by the Church of South India
- Insight Film Festival Student Filmmaker Award 2016 launched
- Berlin film festival gives special attentions to TV series
- Films in Progress : call for entries
- Don Bosco Film Festival 2016
- Film festival to mark Mother Teresa’s canonization
- 25th Ecumenical Jury at the Berlinale 2016
- Film Festival Mannheim-Heidelberg: Everybody is a foreigner, almost everywhere.
- SIGNIS Jury sees more than 30 films in 12 days at Venice festival
- 50th Karlovy Vary Filmfest : Between Dream and Chimera
- DOK Leipzig Festival
- USA: The Tribeca Film Festival 2015
- Insight Student Filmmaker Award 2015 Launched in London
- 20th Edition of the Afrika Filmfestival in Leuven
- Besançon Festival of African Cinema and Culture 2014: The Burden of the Past - the Search for the Way Forward
- A Tribute to Claas Danielsen, Director of the Leipzig International Documentary and Animation Film Festival
- Hong Kong 2014: A SIGNIS Juror’s Reflection on HKIFF
- Berlin 2014: Looking to the past, to the church and to exceptional women
- DOK Leipzig 2013: Documentaries Advocating Peace and Human Dignity
- Yerevan 2013: Golden Apricot International Film Festival
- Festival of Mannheim-Heidelberg 2012: Interview with Kadija Leclere
- 27th Mar del Plata International Film Festival 2012
- Festroia International Film Festival 2012
- San Sebastian International Film Festival 2012
- Miskolc Film Festival Hosts International Ecumenical Media Conference
- Hong Kong 2012: "The Soul is Healed by Being with Children"
- Insight Film Festival Announces Call for Submissions
- Mostra 2011: A SIGNIS Film Juror in Venice
- A glimpse at Karlovy Vary International Film Festival 2011
- A Season of Visions at ZIFF 2011
- Festroia 2011: Humans Deal with Traumatic Events
- Las Palmas Festival 2011: Diversity, Risk-taking and Coherence
- Call for Entries for the 3rd Insight Faith Festival
- Call for Entries: 3rd Iñigo Film Festival for Short Films Made by Young People
- Short Film Festival by SIGNIS Impacts Young Film Makers in Tamil Nadu State
- San Sebastian 2010: A Film Festival Focusing on the Human Condition of Life
- Angelus Student Film Festival Celebrates 15th Anniversary
- Highlights of the Venice Film Festival 2010
- "I Bring What I Love" Opens ZIFF 2010, Sponsored by SIGNIS
- Festroia 2010: Figures in a European Landscape
- Fajr 2010: An Interreligious Jury in Iran
- The Insight Film Festival
- Molodist 2009: Mothers Abandoning their Children
- Festroia 2009: Year 25
- Golden Apricot Film Festival of Yerevan 2009: Films about Borders, Peace and Children’s rights
- Karlovy Vary 2009: An Ecumenical Juror Reports on the Festival
- Toulouse: 21st Festival of Latin American Cinemas
- SIGNIS To Hold First Film Jury at a US Festival - Filmfest DC
- The Social and Political Commitment of the Amiens International Film Festival 2008
- OCIC/SIGNIS: Sixty Years in Venice
- An Ecumenical Juror’s Film Journey in Locarno 2008
- Karlovy Vary 2008: Love is a battlefield...
- 2nd Iñigo Festival Showcased the Work of Young Filmmakers at WYD 2008
- Festroia 2008: Finding Personal Meaning through Relationships in an Alienating World
- BAFICI 2008
- Angelus - From Hollywood to Rome
- Magnificat 2008: 4th International Catholic Festival of Christian Films and TV Programs
- An American Ecumenical Juror Reflects on Berlinale 2008
- 58th Berlin Film Festival Salutes Six Independent Filipino Films
- German Media Bishop Speaks of the Future of Cinema
- 2nd Inigo Short Film Festival: Call for Entries
- Spirituality Cinema in Iran
- Call for Submissions: Youth Producing Change at HRWIFF
- City of Angels Film Festival 2007
- SIGNIS Romania Completes 3rd Facing Children Festival
- Facing Children Festival 2007
- Redemption Central Theme in Venice 2007
- Brisbane: Interfaith Prize for Human Trafficking Drama
- SIGNIS Celebrates 50 years in the San Sebastian Film Festival by Honouring Volker Schlöndorff
- Yerevan, the Golden Apricot Festival
- Mother Teresa Statue & Film Festival in Berhampore
- Human Relations, Cultural Diversity and Painful Memories
- ’Religion Today’ and ’Angelus Awards’ are Calling for Entries
- Student Jury of the Catholic University of Louvain Make an Award to "Son of Man"
- Fajr Festival: Coexistence of Christians and Muslims in Iran
- GoEast Symposium: Film and Religion in Eastern Europe
- Sevilla 2006: Focus on European Cinema
- 3rd Week of Spiritual Cinema in Barcelona
- Facing Children: A Festival organised by SIGNIS Romania in collaboration with UNICEF
- The 1st Edition of the Rome Cinema Festival - Diversity and Reciprocity
- Festival of Spiritual Cinema "Tertio Millenio"
- Angelus Student Film Festival 2006 Announces Winners
- Religion Today Film Festival
- Films beyond the Mainstream : The Panorama and Forum Sections at the Berlinale 2006
Films in Progress : call for entries
Toulouse, Brussels, January 14th, 2016 (SIGNIS/Films in Progress). “Films in Progress” will take place in Toulouse on March 16th and 17th 2016 in the scope of Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse festival (March 11-20 2016).
“Films in Progress”, a joint initiative between Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse and the San Sebastian Festival, endeavours to facilitate the completion of rigorously selected independent Latin-American films. They are facing difficulties in finding their way into the post-production stage.
Since 2002, this double event presents an annual selection of 12 works-in-progress in two sessions: 6 films in Toulouse in March and 6 films in September in San Sebastian.
“Films in Progress” allows for these films to be finalized, it gives them an international visibility among professionals and promotes their circulation and exhibition.
“Films in progress” encourages the meeting and cooperation between the producers of the selected works-in-progress and European partners to make the films reach screens and audiences, with more than 300 professionals, amongst the most influential on the European and international level, which take part each year to these two sessions. “Films in progress” is the unmissing and strategic meeting point with the Latin-American films.
In the last years, “Films in progress” has contributed efficiently in the completion, difusion and commercialisation of the most remarkable Latin-American films: Tony Manero by Pablo Larraín, Gloria by Sebastián Lelio, Sangre by Amat Escalante, Infancia Clandestina by Benjamín Ávila, La sirga by William Vega, La Playa by Juan Andrés Arango, Pelo Malo by Mariana Rondón, Historia del Miedo by Benjamin Naishtat, Matar a un hombre by Alejandro Fernández Almendras, Ixcanul de Jayro Bustamente, Desde Allá de Lorenzo Vigas...
By involving film professionals capable of contributing to the post-production, and by encouraging distributors and promoters to diversify their offer, San Sebastian and Toulouse hope to develop and strengthen, with as much pragmatism and efficiency as possible, respect for and the promotion of cultural diversity based on a spirit of solidarity and cooperation.
- The Toulouse’s Films in Progress Award consists in 58.850 € of post-production services to be made in France, offered by prestigious organisations: a grant from the CNC, a residence in Paris by the CCAS, audio post-production from Mactari, tecnicals works from Titra TVS, color correction program by Firelfly, auditorium and material for the calibration from Commune Image and the coordination of the post-production from Eaux vives
- The Ciné + Award consists in the guarantee of a purchase to the French distributor of the winning film for the amount of 15.000 Euros by Ciné +
- The European Distributors and Exhibitors Award consists in the promotion of the winning film in the networks of 130 distributors of Europa Distribution and in the 2.000 exhibitors of CICAE.
- The feature films presented must be a minoritaire or major Latin American production
- The length of the feature film in its final version must be over 60 minute
- The film must be at the post-production stage (minimum first cut)
- The cut submitted for evaluation must be subtitled in English or in Spanish if it is not Spanish-speaking
- There is no charge of fees for the registration
- Dead line : January the 20th 2016
If the film is selected:
- The director and the producer have to be in Toulouse on March 16th, 17th and 18th of 2016
- The film must be subtitled in English
- The screening format is Blu Ray (copies for back up)
The selection will be announced in early March 2016
Click here for the online submission link.