- Theme for the 2017 World Day for Social Communications
- Statute for Vatican’s Secretariat for Communications published
- Bishops in Ghana Appoint New Social Communications Director
- Seminar on Mercy in the media
- The Tanzania Episcopal Conference celebrates the 50th World Communications Day
- New changes at the Vatican Press Office
- Vatican bids farewell to Archbishop Celli
- CEPACS Calls for Closer Collaboration of Catholic Media Organizations
- Moroto diocese hosts the 50th world communications day celebration
- 50th World Communications Day
- Vatican Communication Reform
- The Salesian Communication Days
- Malaysian Lenten campaign promotes advocacy via social media
- Communicating in the language of the parishers
- WCD 2016: Pope Francis’ Message
- Reforming Vatican communications
- Ratzinger Prize awarded to Lebanese and Brazilian Professors
- Salesian Communication in America looks to the future
- WCD 2016: The theme is "Communication and Mercy: a fruitful encounter"
- Kenyan Catholic nun promoted to associate professor in communication
- Vatican and communication: looking at the year 2014
- New Commission to Reform Vatican Media
- Papal Message for World Communications Day 2015: "Communicating the Family: A Privileged Place of Encounter with the Gift of Love"
- Tanzania: Bishop Advocates the Creation of Social Media Apostolate in the Dioceses
- European Bishops Debate on the Church’s Presence on the Internet
- “Is it about “new media” when talking about “new Culture”?
- "Communication at the Service of an Authentic Culture of Encounter" - Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2014
- "Communication at the service of an authentic culture of encounter": Theme of WCD 2014 Announced
- Pope Assesses Social Media Positively in Message for the World Communications Day 2013
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2013: "Social Networks: Portals of Truth and Faith; New Spaces for Evangelization"
- World Communications Day 2013 to Focus on Social Media
- Benedict XVI Stresses Value of Silence in Message for World Communications Day 2012
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2012: "Silence and Word: Path of Evangelization"
- Emergence of Internet a "Revolution", Says Pope in his Message for World Communications Day 2011
- Pope’s message for World Communications Day 2011: "Truth, Proclamation and Authenticity of Life in the Digital Age"
- H2ONews: Priests and the digital world
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2010: "New Media at the Service of the Word"
- Catholic Communicators Back Pope’s Call for Priests to Use Digital Media
- Pope Urges Priests to Use Communications Media on Releasing the Theme of WCD 2010
- Vatican to Prepare New Document on Media
- Archbishop Celli Urges Use of Technology to Spread Message of Word
- Theology and Communications Conference in St John’s University, New York
- H2Onews: The Media, a Means of Evangelization
- Archbishop Celli Adresses European Communication Summit
- Communication and Theology in Conversation
- Communications Media: Common Good before Profit
- ’Go Tell Everyone’: A Vision for Evangelisation in a Modern Culture
- Pontiff Sees Media as Vital for the Gospel
- ’The Media: A Network for Communication, Communion and Cooperation’
The Salesian Communication Days
Rome, April, 22nd, 2016 (ANS). This year’s Salesian Communication Days will be held on April 29 -30 at the Salesian Pontifical University (UPS) in Rome on the theme “Communication and mercy: a fruitful encounter”.
These two days will involve listening, discussion and practice and are meant as a training opportunity for young religious and laity to be good communicators in a rapidly changing world.
On 29 April, after the initial welcome, Fr Giulio Albanian, Director of "Peoples and Mission" and "The Golden Bridge", and Professor Rita Marchetti, professor at the University of Perugia, will present and develop the message of Pope Francis for the 50th World Communications Day: "Communication and mercy: a fruitful encounter."
It will be followed by parallel sessions where participants will delve into the topic from different perspectives, thanks to the interventions of experts and operators in the area of communications and mercy:
- Alessandra Morelli, (UNHCR)
- Fr Giovanni Carpentieri, (Association FuoriDellaPorta NPO);
- Donatella Parisi, (Astalli Centre, Rome);
- Fr Spriano Alexander (Chaplain of Rebibbia prison, Rome);
- Sr Gabriella Bottani, (TalitaKum).
The morning of April 30 will be dedicated to communication workshops, where, through media analysis, participants will gain skills of analysis and communication of mercy.
The book "Communication and mercy, a fruitful meeting," will be launched on one of the days. It is a collection of qualified contributions of the teachers of the Faculty of Social Communication Studies.