- New Multi Media Centre at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- Report on views of Islam in Catholic media outlets
- "Desist from using Phones in Church", Warns Nigerian Archbishop
- Zambian Church Saddened with Muzzling of the Media
- BBC Monitoring’s Iraq Media Guide
- The Media Map Project
- Workshop for Catholic media houses in Malawi
- Kenyan Catholic nun nominated on International Communication Association
- Catholic media centre celebrates 15th anniversary
- The International Association for Media and History Challenge
- UN Women unveils new Media Compact
- Tanzanian Media Coordinators to network for bigger impact
- Malawian Catholic media directors hold workshop in Lilongwe
- New issue on peacebuilding and new media
- Satprakashan, the Regional Communication centre in India
- Catholic communicators’ association in Uganda re-elects office bearers
- BBVA Awards
- The Europe Parliament launches a photo contest
- Women in the Media - Beyond Clichés
- Time to change perception of Africa
- Top media fail to connect climate change, migration and food security
- Indian media have always supported freedom of individuals to speak out
- Media are defenders of human rights.
- Salesian Social Communication Delegates’ Meeting held in Chofu-Tokyo
- Media and Politics in New Democracies.
- 7th Edition of the African Media Leaders Forum
- Divine Word Priest receives Social Communication Leadership award
- United Nations Association of Australia - Media Peace Awards 2015
- Trinidad to host regional animation and digital media festival
- Public service media in divided societies: Relic or renaissance?
- Media and Human rights in the Pacific region
- Catholic Media Practitioners in Nigeria urged to be more pro active
- Young South-Korean on a mission with Smartphones
- Venezuela : Bishop Lückert León spoke about the media in his country
- Vatican and Communication: Looking at the year 2014
- Evangelization Goes Mobile in India
- Bono, a man of faith rather than a singer
- Bono, a social communicator rather than a rock star
Catholic media centre celebrates 15th anniversary
Kiev, June, 3rd, 2016 (Risu). Last May, the Catholic Media Center celebrated its 15th anniversary. Exactly 15 years ago, on May 3, 2001, the CMC was established for the visit of Pope John Paul II in Ukraine.
This media outlet has actively participated in the preparation of the visit of the Pope and has provided information to secular media on the course of the Pope’s visit and the life of the Roman Catholic Church in Ukraine and the world.
With the establishment of the ecumenical jury at the Kiev Film festival in 1999, OCIC, then SIGNIS were present in Ukraine. After the establishment of the Centre in 2001, SIGNIS contacted its director to collaborate in the international jury. Since then, the centre nominates a Ukrainian Catholic Media person to represent the local Catholic Church in the Ecumenical Jury. The present director is Fr. Diego Saez Martin, OMI, who arrived in 2013 in Kiev as successor of Fr Pavlo.
The Catholic Media Centre is located in a church that is still under construction. Since 2011, the Centre receives EWTN’s European feed via satellite, downlinks it, and provides Ukrainian translation. The channel is then sent via fiber optics to Volia, the leading Ukrainian cable television company. In that way more than 20 towns and cities are reached.
SIGNIS teams congratulate its colleagues at CMC and wishes them further success in their work.