- SIGNIS Venezuela is now official!
- Annual general meeting of SIGNIS Caribbean
- SIGNIS Asia is moving towards sustainability
- Meeting of the World Union of Catholic Women Organisation
- Participate in the SIGNIS Journalism Seminar
- SIGNIS Workshop: “Communications Lab - Youth for a Culture of Peace”
- SIGNIS Asia Media Award 2016
- Aid to the Church in Need seeks Press & Digital Media Officer
- SWC 2017: Save the dates!
- Registration for the TV Seminar 2016 continue
- SIGNIS Board Launches Plans for World Congress 2017 at its annual meeting
- Pacific media partnership conference 2016
- Meeting of the Indonesian Bishop’s Conference
- SIGNIS President Easter Message
- SIGNIS India National Assembly 2016
- SIGNIS Services Rome: 65 years serving the Church in the Global South
- Date and location of next World Congress and Assembly
- 38th SIGNIS Salutation Awards Ceremony
- SIGNIS President Christmas Message
- SIGNIS workshops create New Artisans for a Culture of Peace in Asia
- SIGNIS East Asia Conference 2015
- Kraków welcomed 2015 SIGNIS Europe Assembly
- Social media to connect us, not divide us SIGNIS ASIA Assembly- 2015 in Sri Lanka
- SIGNIS Board Decides to Hold next World Congress in Québec in June 2017
- Archbishop Romero To Be Patron of SIGNIS
- Easter Message from the SIGNIS President
- SIGNIS India Assembly 2015 Celebrates Diversity and Condemns Violence
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2015!
- A Christmas Message from the SIGNIS President
- SIGNIS Asia Assembly 2014 Looks for a "Successful Future"
- Knowing the Audience: the Challenge for Media Development
- The Holy See gives stamp of approval to SIGNIS
- Catholic Academy Presents the 49th Gabriel Awards
- SIGNIS Caribbean Holds its 2014 General Meeting in Trinidad
- SIGNIS Board of Directors Decides to "Promote Stories of Hope through Connectivity"
- Experience the Canonisation of the Popes in 3D in cinemas around the world
- SIGNIS-ALC Assembly in Quito
- New President and Team to lead SIGNIS Europe
- New board for the SIGNIS Caribbean sub-region
- SIGNIS Nigeria Hosts Media Seminar for Priests
- Arab Christian Media at the Service of Justice, Peace and Human Rights
- SIGNIS India Assembly Studies New Media for New Generation
- Masscom Catholic Media Awards 2012 in South Korea
- Media Must Give Visibility to the Vulnerable, Says SIGNIS Asia Assembly 2012
- SIGNIS Asia Assembly To Focus on Modern Day Slavery
- SIGNIS-Carribean Hosts its 5th Annual Meeting in Barbados
- SIGNIS-Japan Awards Best Catholic Film and Elects New Officers
- Pontifical Council for Social Communications Visits Tele Lumiere in Beirut
- Africa’s Catholic Journalists Set to Meet in Kenya
- Emmy-winning Filmmaker Receives Award from University of Dayton
- SIGNIS India Assembly “Creating Images for a Better Tomorrow”
- 20th Anniversary of Rabita Manzil and New WAVE’s Productions
- Nepal Joins SIGNIS at SIGNIS Asia Assembly
- SIGNIS Asia Transmits Peace Message with New Generation
- SIGNIS and WACC Agree to Work More Closely
- World Youth Day’s First Arabic Song
- SIGNIS-Nigeria Celebrates FESTICATE in Abuja
- SIGNIS VJs to Cover World Youth Days 2011 in Madrid
- Budapest Hosts 2011 SIGNIS Europe Assembly
- Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum 2011
- SIGNIS-Caribbean Meets in St Vincent and Elects New Board
- SIGNIS-Pacific Calls for Pacific Broadband Expansion
- John Paul II Beatification in 3D and on the Web
- SIGNIS Japan Reacts to Huge Earthquake and Tsunami that Hit the Country
- SIGNIS Asia President Visits Nepal
- SIGNIS-Brazil Becomes the Largest SIGNIS Member in Latin America
- New Gabriel Award Category Focuses on Interfaith Media
- Catholic Journalists Called To Search for Truth
- SIGNIS India Video Journalists Cover Mother Teresa International Film Festival 2010
- Vatican to Host Catholic Journalists
- SIGNIS World President Visits the Solomon Islands
- SIGNIS Asia Assembly 2010 Announced
- SIGNIS Nigeria Inaugurated
- "Church on the Ball" Video Showcases the Work of the Catholic Church in South Africa
- Catholic Pacific Communication’s Group Meet in Sydney
- Religion Communication Congress 2010
- CIMA Awards 2010: "The Hurt Locker" and Sr Rose Pacatte Honoured
- Mutirao in Latin America: A Congress for a “Culture of Solidarity”
- Media at the Parliament of World’s Religions
- Spread the Word Using New Media, Says Pope to Social Communications Council
- SIGNIS-Caribbean Meeting Elects New Board
- European Assembly of SIGNIS in Berlin
- 43rd World Communications Day in Pakistan: "Naqib in Every Home"
- US Catholic Media Convention 2009
- 16th Catholics in Media Associates (CIMA) Awards
- "Christianity in the Middle East: Ancient Yet Ever New" Symposium
- Communication Bishops Meeting Studies New Media
- Season Greetings!
- SIGNIS Board Meeting Celebrates 80th Anniversary and Announces World Congress in 2009
- H2Onews: 80 Years of SIGNIS
- Chief Minister of Tamilnadu honoured by Santhome Awards
- 2008 Gabriel Awards Honour US Catholic Media
- ACPA Conference 2008
- WACC Congress Ends with a Call to Give Peace a Chance
- SIGNIS Asia Assembly Highlights Media Influence On Children
- First Catholic Media Festival in Kenya Focuses on Media as ’Third Parent’
- SIGNIS Asia Assembly 2008 in Cambodia
- SIGNIS-Caribbean Plans Ahead
- A Multimedia Platform for World Youth Days 2008: www.wydcrossmedia.org
- 5th Anniversary of Catholic Social Communications Cambodia
- Catholic Media Convention ‘Proclaimed it from the Rooftops’ in Toronto
- Catholics to Celebrate Evangelization Through New Media
- H2Onews: First World Congress of Catholic Universities’ Communication Departments
- WYD 2008: Pope Benedict to Text Messages to Youth
- 2008 Catholic Media Convention: ’Proclaim it from the Rooftops!’
- Cardinal Foley Honoured with a Special Award from Christophers
- New SIGNIS India Executive Committee Underline the Need for Intercultural Dialogue
- Western India Commits to More Effective Social Communications
- "New Media and Religious Transformations in Africa": Call for Papers
- Publisher Who Promoted Justice Wins Korean Bishops’ Top Media Award
- BOSCOM-India Discuss Citizen Journalism and Educommunication
- India: Media at the Service of Interreligious Understanding
- Korea: Catholics Involved In Media Ask Church For Support
- SIGNIS Board meeting in Bucharest
- Tenth Continental Assembly of the Computer Technology Network of the Church in Latin America
- India: "Communications at the Heart of the Community"
- SIGNIS Sri Lanka Gold Award for Prasanna Vithanage
- Pacific Media adopt Honiara Action Plan
- UCIP World Congress 2007 on Media and Religion: Risk or Opportunity?
- Ecumenical Conference on "Peacemaking in the World of Film: from Conflict to Reconciliation"
- Inauguration of the New SIGNIS General Secretariat
- SIGNIS Pacific Assembly 2007
- Pope Appeals to Media to Promote Beauty, Human Dignity
- Catholic Awards for Film, Radio and Television in Korea
- Catholic Academy Presents Gabriel Awards 2006
- Believin’ the Media: International Congress on Faith and Media
- SIGNIS-Europe Assembly 2006
- SIGNIS General Secretariat Soon to Be Moving
- SIGNIS-Asia Assembly 2006
- Catholic Communication Campaign Celebrates 25 Years Of Proclaim Awards
- AMECEA - IMBISA Communications Coordinators Meet in Maputo
- SIGNIS-Caribbean is born
- 50 Years of Catholic Broadcasting Association, Lahore
- World Communications Day 2006
- First Congress of SIGNIS in the Indian Ocean
- WACC Photographic Competition 2006
- Refresher Programme in Lahore, Pakistan
Registration for the TV Seminar 2016 continue
Brussels, June, 30th, 2016. GREAT NEWS: We have learned that Dr. Nataša Govekar, the Director of the Pastoral-Theological Department of the newly formed Vatican Secretariat for Communication will be our keynote speaker for the SIGNIS TV Seminar.
So we have extended the registration deadline until Monday, July 11th, 2016!
We remind you that it will take place at the Chinatrust Executive House Hotel on 9th-12th September 2016.
The main local partner will be Kuangchi Program Service, and Father Jerry Martinson, SJ.
The theme of the seminar is "Imaging the Church in Media in our productions". Along with the panel and the keynote address, our sharing this year will take the form of “Case studies,” a slight variation on our traditional Show & Tell. Also, we will receive speakers from 3 local TV Stations: Kuangchi Program Service (Catholic), a Buddhist station, and a Christian (Protestant) one. You can see the draft programme here.
The registration to the Seminar 2016 includes: accommodation in the Chinatrust Executive House Hotel (3 nights), meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners), and participation in meetings and conferences.
This year, we also offer an optional sightseeing excursion of the city of Taipei, after the close of the Seminar, on the afternoon of September 12th. This includes a 1/2 day trip to CKS Memorial Park, 101, KPS Studio, NPM and Fishermen Wharf at Tamsui. The price of this excursion includes one more night at the hotel and one more dinner.
Registration does NOT include: plane tickets, visa costs (see below), transport from and to the airport. You will, however, be welcomed at the airport upon arrival, and given an option of limousine or taxi. We will try to form groups so that transportation from airport to hotel will be only about US$50 per person.
The deadline for registration is July, 11th, 2016.
Registration prices are:
- Registration fee for SIGNIS MEMBERS: 430€
- Registration fee for NON MEMBERS: 450 €
- Registration fee + optional excursion for SIGNIS MEMBERS: 530€
- Registration fee + optional excursion for NON MEMBERS: 550€
Please register using our online registration form.
Upon receiving your registration, we will send you a link to the payment form. Your registration will be confirmed only after receiving your payment.
Please note that some people might need a Taiwanese visa. Please check this website to learn about the visa application.
If you need an official invitation letter from us, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: Scan of your passport page with the photo; Your working or home address and contact data (telephone and e-mail). And dates of arrival and departure.
We hope to see you in Taipei!