- Statute for Vatican’s Secretariat for Communications published
- Bishops in Ghana Appoint New Social Communications Director
- Seminar on Mercy in the media
- The Tanzania Episcopal Conference celebrates the 50th World Communications Day
- New changes at the Vatican Press Office
- Vatican bids farewell to Archbishop Celli
- CEPACS Calls for Closer Collaboration of Catholic Media Organizations
- Moroto diocese hosts the 50th world communications day celebration
- 50th World Communications Day
- Vatican Communication Reform
- The Salesian Communication Days
- Malaysian Lenten campaign promotes advocacy via social media
- Communicating in the language of the parishers
- WCD 2016: Pope Francis’ Message
- Reforming Vatican communications
- Ratzinger Prize awarded to Lebanese and Brazilian Professors
- Salesian Communication in America looks to the future
- WCD 2016: The theme is "Communication and Mercy: a fruitful encounter"
- Kenyan Catholic nun promoted to associate professor in communication
- Vatican and communication: looking at the year 2014
- New Commission to Reform Vatican Media
- Papal Message for World Communications Day 2015: "Communicating the Family: A Privileged Place of Encounter with the Gift of Love"
- Tanzania: Bishop Advocates the Creation of Social Media Apostolate in the Dioceses
- European Bishops Debate on the Church’s Presence on the Internet
- “Is it about “new media” when talking about “new Culture”?
- "Communication at the Service of an Authentic Culture of Encounter" - Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2014
- "Communication at the service of an authentic culture of encounter": Theme of WCD 2014 Announced
- Pope Assesses Social Media Positively in Message for the World Communications Day 2013
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2013: "Social Networks: Portals of Truth and Faith; New Spaces for Evangelization"
- World Communications Day 2013 to Focus on Social Media
- Benedict XVI Stresses Value of Silence in Message for World Communications Day 2012
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2012: "Silence and Word: Path of Evangelization"
- Emergence of Internet a "Revolution", Says Pope in his Message for World Communications Day 2011
- Pope’s message for World Communications Day 2011: "Truth, Proclamation and Authenticity of Life in the Digital Age"
- H2ONews: Priests and the digital world
- Pope’s Message for World Communications Day 2010: "New Media at the Service of the Word"
- Catholic Communicators Back Pope’s Call for Priests to Use Digital Media
- Pope Urges Priests to Use Communications Media on Releasing the Theme of WCD 2010
- Vatican to Prepare New Document on Media
- Archbishop Celli Urges Use of Technology to Spread Message of Word
- Theology and Communications Conference in St John’s University, New York
- H2Onews: The Media, a Means of Evangelization
- Archbishop Celli Adresses European Communication Summit
- Communication and Theology in Conversation
- Communications Media: Common Good before Profit
- ’Go Tell Everyone’: A Vision for Evangelisation in a Modern Culture
- Pontiff Sees Media as Vital for the Gospel
- ’The Media: A Network for Communication, Communion and Cooperation’
The Tanzania Episcopal Conference celebrates the 50th World Communications Day
Tanzania, August, 8th, 2016 (Sarah Pelaji/TEC). The Communications Department of Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) celebrated the 50th World Communications Day in a special event that was held on August 6 at the Catholic Secretariat in Kurasini, Dar-es-Salaam.
According to the Nation Communications Coordinator of TEC, Mr. Bernard James, the celebrations were meant to recognize the importance of communication within and outside the Church as it is necessary to make such celebrations to bring the various stakeholders of the information with the entire community to share the opportunities and challenges of new media in this age of globalization and the new evangelization.
The celebrations were held under the theme, which is inspired by the message of the Holy Father Pope Francis for World Communications Day 2016 “Communication and Mercy: A Fruitful Encounter.” The guest of honour at the celebrations was the Permanent Secretary at the Tanzanian Ministry of Information, Culture and Sports.
In addition, Mr. Bernard explained that the event began with Eucharistic celebrations followed by discussions about the challenges and opportunities of the media in the new evangelization and globalization. Participants also meditated and deliberated on the message of the Holy Father for 50th Communications world Day. It was followed by a small fundraising to support Kiongozi Newspaper, the weekly publication of the Bishops’ Conference.
The Catholic Church in Tanzania has recognized the importance of the new media, which this led to the establishment of the Communication Department under which TEC works to transmit information to the faithful through various media entities, including Kiongozi newspaper.