- The 38th Catholic Mass Media Awards
- Media Freedom is degrading in the EU
- Media Award to celebrate children’s right in Bangladesh
- The Catholics in Media Associates Awards
- The role of Christian media in the Middle East
- New Multi Media Centre at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- Report on views of Islam in Catholic media outlets
- "Desist from using Phones in Church", Warns Nigerian Archbishop
- Zambian Church Saddened with Muzzling of the Media
- BBC Monitoring’s Iraq Media Guide
- The Media Map Project
- Workshop for Catholic media houses in Malawi
- Kenyan Catholic nun nominated on International Communication Association
- Catholic media centre celebrates 15th anniversary
- The International Association for Media and History Challenge
- UN Women unveils new Media Compact
- Tanzanian Media Coordinators to network for bigger impact
- Malawian Catholic media directors hold workshop in Lilongwe
- New issue on peacebuilding and new media
- Satprakashan, the Regional Communication centre in India
- Catholic communicators’ association in Uganda re-elects office bearers
- BBVA Awards
- The Europe Parliament launches a photo contest
- Women in the Media - Beyond Clichés
- Time to change perception of Africa
- Top media fail to connect climate change, migration and food security
- Indian media have always supported freedom of individuals to speak out
- Media are defenders of human rights.
- Salesian Social Communication Delegates’ Meeting held in Chofu-Tokyo
- Media and Politics in New Democracies.
- 7th Edition of the African Media Leaders Forum
- Divine Word Priest receives Social Communication Leadership award
- United Nations Association of Australia - Media Peace Awards 2015
- Trinidad to host regional animation and digital media festival
- Public service media in divided societies: Relic or renaissance?
- Media and Human rights in the Pacific region
- Catholic Media Practitioners in Nigeria urged to be more pro active
- Young South-Korean on a mission with Smartphones
- Venezuela : Bishop Lückert León spoke about the media in his country
- Vatican and Communication: Looking at the year 2014
- Evangelization Goes Mobile in India
- Bono, a man of faith rather than a singer
- Bono, a social communicator rather than a rock star
The role of Christian media in the Middle East
Beirut, October, 3rd, 2016 (Agenzia Fides). The Lebanese Minister of information, Ramzi Jreige, explained his view on the role of the Christian media in the Middle East.
"The role of Christians in the Middle East media cannot be limited to the dissemination of news about religious events: they are also called upon to address political and social problems, with particular attention to those related to poverty, exploitation and social differences", he said.
He outlined one of the guidelines that shape the specific media vocation of Christian inspiration operating in middle Eastern countries within the media Conference of Christians in the Middle East, organized by the group Tele Lumiere-Noursat under the patronage of the Patriarchs of the East.
The Lebanese minister stressed that Christian media can play a major role in helping to overcome this difficult period, denouncing "the collapse of the constitutional institutions, corruption and the violation of human rights and public freedoms”. The representative of the Lebanese government also urged the Christian media to "give an opportunity to the representatives of other communities to express their opinions".
The Conference was attended by representatives of Christian media from Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan and Egypt.