- SIGNIS-ALC gives its “Communicator for peace” Award
- Ghanaian Radio Presenters Adopt Resolution to Promote Peaceful Elections
- Symposium on Media and Media Assistance in Fragile Contexts
- Women’s equality in and through media is essential to achieving the SDGs
- Ghanaian bishops concerned about hate speech
- World Refugee Day 2016: ICMC shares stories of hope
- CIVIS: Europe’s media prize for integration 2016
- How do the media influence conflicts?
- Vatican calls for more education on climate change
- The “Kenya Pamoja for peace pwani” – The coast together for peace caravan
- Promoting a culture of peace in Japan at the Seisen Univesity
- #COP21 : Bishops worldwide plead for climate change action
- India: Does Jesus “Ban”?
- Digital technology for child protection in Sri Lanka
- Effectiveness of Humanitarian Broadcasting in Emergencies
- UNESCO: World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2015
- Mgr. Romero : a guiding light for sustainable development and social justice
- United Nations : ’The Future We Want includes Culture’
- Nigeria : Catholic communicators facing Boko Haram and violence
- Congress of the International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity on October 23-24, 2015
- Take Part in GPPAC’s Survey on Media & Conflict Prevention
- Jerusalem Conference on Peace and Reconciliation
- Pax Christi International Peace Award 2012 Most Reverend John Onaiyekan
- GPPAC’s Peace Portal
- SAT-7s’ Response as North African Unrest Continues
- SIGNIS Condemns Killing of Pakistani Minister and Calls for Respect for Religious Freedom
- Christian Media Call for Dialogue in Egypt
- Pax Christi International Peace Award 2010 to Msgr. Louis Sako from Iraq
- SIGNIS Defines a New Global Focus 2011-2013
- UN International Day of Peace Invites All to Celebrate Peace on September 21
- Pax Christi Focuses on Haiti
- Papal Peace Day Message Focuses on Planet
- SIGNIS/WACC Promoting Human Rights Award 2009
- Pax Christi International Peace Award 2009
- Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum 2009 Opens in Bonn
- Pax Christi’s Appeal for the Situation in Sri Lanka
- “Partnership for Peace”: SIGNIS Workshop at the Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum
- "Fighting Poverty to Build Peace": Pope’s Message for World Peace Day 2009
- "Media in Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention": The Documentation of Deutsche Welle’s Global Media Forum 2008 Online
- H2Onews: Communications and the Culture of Peace
- Media Presentation On Orissa Violence Jolts Kolkata Catholics
- Pax Christi Peace Award 2008
- SAT-7 Viewers Living in Iraq Send Text Messages Asking for Urgent Prayer for Violence in Mosul to Stop
- Catholic Media Seminar for Peace Building in Africa
- UN International Day of Peace 2008
- H2Onews: Catholic Communication in a Buddhist Environment
- Promoting the International Day of Peace 2008
- Communication for Peace Award won by Amy Goodman
- Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum 2008: Media in Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
- RCCongress 2010 Announces Scholarships to Attend Global Interfaith Gathering of Religion Communicators
- Troubles in Lebanon Affect Christian TV’s Staff and Programming
- H2Onews: No more Violence in the Name of Religion
- New call for religions to contribute to a Culture of Peace
- Study for a PhD in ‘Peacemaking in the world of documentary film’
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu to Address Role of Media in Conflict at WACC Congress 2008
- ’No Hands But Ours’: new multi-media Justice and Peace resource
- New Multimedia Center at the Heart of the Holy Land
- Catholic Award for Media that "Build Peace" in Thailand
- Pax Christi International Has New Secretary General and Presidency
- ’Tjibaou, the Reconciliation’ wins AIBD World TV Award 2007
- WACC Communication for Peace Award
- Hollywood Actor George Clooney Goes on "Journey to Darfur"
- WACC Photo Competition 2007 Focuses on "Communication for Peace"
- Rights to Life and Religious Liberty Keys for Peace, Says Pope
- Télé Lumière broadcasts knocked out by Israeli strikes on Lebanon
- SIGNIS Calls for Support for Immediate Ceasefire in Lebanon
- Women Peacemakers meet in USA
- Culture of Peace - Looking Forward to 2006
- War, Peace and the News Media
- The Role of Media in Conflict Prevention and Peace Building
- Peace correspondents in Barcelona Forum 2004
- Religion and Violence
- ’In Truth, Peace’; Pope’s message for World Day of Peace
- Declaration of Lyon: ’Media for a Culture of Peace’
SIGNIS-ALC gives its “Communicator for peace” Award
Paraguay, October 6th, 2016 (SIGNIS-ALC). The brasilian priest Edilberto Francisco Moura and the Paraguayan lecturer and communicator Juan Díaz Bordenave have been selected to receive the “Communicator for peace” Award, given every year by SIGNIS-ALC.
In the In memoriam category, the prize was given to a theoretician of Latin-American communication, Juan Díaz Bordenave, a devoted promoter of a communication for the peace, who passed away in 2012.
Díaz Bordenave was an international consultant in Communication and Education, and published influential publications: Participación y sociedad and Planificación y comunicación.
The members of the SIGNIS-ALC Council wish to recognize his theoretical contributions and his constant battle to promote peace, justice, solidarity and democracy.
The Communicator for peace Award in the “life trajectory” category is given to Edilberto Francisco Moura, who, during more than 3 years, denounced the super-projects which, in addition to destroying the environment, affect the lives of people in rural areas in Brasil.
In 2003, father Moura helped with the creation of the “Information Network in the Amazon” (Red de Noticias de la Amazonia), whose objectives are the democratization of communication and the support to social leaders. Nowadays, he is supporting the strengthening of a radio network and the fight against the building of a dam in the Río Tapajós.
The members of SIGNIS-ALC wish to highlight his commitment to the protection of Human rights as well as the rights of the peoples and the indigenous communities. They also want to award him to thank him for his constant fight to protect the “common house”, peace, justice, solidarity and democracy.
The awarding ceremony will take place on October 9th, during the closing ceremony of the fifth Latino-American and Caribbean Communication Congress (V COMLAC), in Asunción, Paraguay.
The “Communicator for peace” Award has been given every year since 2004, by the General Assembly of the Catholic organization for Latin-American communication (OCLACC), the former SIGNIS-ALC. The goal of this award is to pay tribute to Latin-American communicators who, through their work, support and promote a culture of peace, civic participation and democracy.