- Media Education a Must for Youth, Says Vatican
- SIGNIS Malaysia Launches WCD 2007 Poster Competition
- Pontifical Council for Social Communications Comments on "Children and Media"
- Papal Message for World Communications Day: "Children and the Media: a Challenge for Education"
- World Communications Day 2007 to Focus on Children
"Children and the Media: A Challenge for Education"
Benedict XVI has chosen "Children and the Media: A Challenge for Education" as the theme for the 41st World Communications Day 2007.
According to Archbishop John Foley, President of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, "The theme chosen by our Holy Father for World Communications Day underlines the need for parents and educators to realize the important formative influence of the media in the lives of children."
World Communications Day, the only worldwide celebration called for by the Second Vatican Council (Inter Mirifica, 1963), is observed in most countries, on the recommendation of the bishops of the world, on the Sunday before Pentecost (in 2007, May 20).