- WACC’s Global Media Monitoring Project 2015 Takes Place
- "Why Poverty?" Film Series Raises Questions on Poverty
- Malaysian Catholics Press for Education Policy Change
- World Press Freedom Day: WACC Calls for Code of Ethics for Citizen Journalism
- Malaysian Church Fights for Better Education via Online Signature Campaign
- WACC Photo competition 2012 launched
- WACC Issues a Call for Proposals for Communication Projects
- UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2011
- The Lorenzo Natali Grand Prize 2010 Awarded to the Nicaraguan Journalist Yader Luna
- Communication for Social Change Initiative Meets in SIGNIS Headquarters
- Mgr Celli Asks Cuba to Let Church Speak
- WACC Photo Competition Winners Announced
- WACC Launches its 2009 Photo Competition
- One World Media Awards 2009
- 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Forum of the International Catholic Inspired Associations: The Way Forward
- Women In Indian Media Suffer From Gender Inequality
- Lorenzo Natali Prize 2008
- Cambodian campaigner wins World Children’s Prize for the Rights of the Child
- Young video journalists urge action on child rights in the Caribbean
- Radio1812 marks International Migrants Day
- Pope Calls for Justice for Refugees
- A film on ‘Alternate Nobel Prize Winner’ by a SIGNIS member!
- SIGNIS India Statement at the Seminar on ’Media-BPO/Call Centers: Issues and Challenges’
- WACC Statement on Iran
- SIGNIS Pacific Releases Melbourne Declaration
- The Commercialization of Childhood
- Satellite TV Promotes Change in Attitudes to People with Disabilities
- Sat-7 Lebanon temporarily closed by overnight bombing
- Bombs Silence Catholic Radio in Lebanon
- Catholic Information Centre Condemns "Agression" against Media in Lebanon
- Red Cross Launches Film Series
Advocacy, or the promotion of human rights, justice and peace, especially in the realm of the electronic media and communications, is one of the pillars of SIGNIS.
We use our representation at significant world bodies (UNESCO, United Nations, European Council,...) and world and regional meetings to promote human rights.
We provide information, ideas and material for debate to our members, especially in countries which do not have easy access to this kind of information.
We support and publicize the efforts of our members and others who share our values engaged in the defence and promotion of human rights.
We co-operate with other like-minded groups and organizations active in this field.
SIGNIS advocacy news and information will also be found under the follwing specific headings: (see links in left-hand column)
Communication Rights and Freedoms
Public and community media
How can SIGNIS members help?
SIGNIS Members can contribute in the following ways:
1. By becoming involved in activities and initiatives in their own countries and regions, to promote justice and human rights especially in and through the media.
2. By publicizingadvocacy related efforts and activities locally, nationally and regionally.
3. By appointing one or two Regional Advocacy Correspondentswho could monitor regional issues, work with and channel information and ideas to and from Jim McDonnell, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Director of Advocacy at world level.