SIGNIS has members or associates in approximately 100 countries in the world. These members are Catholic media professionals working in diverse fields: Public and Catholic television, community radio, communications offices, universities and colleges, video production, media education organizations, film journalism, global communication organizations, etc.
- In Africa: SIGNIS has national members in 23 countries in Africa, and one regional association: SIGNIS Africa.
- In Asia: SIGNIS has national members in 18 countries in Asia, and one regional association: SIGNIS-Asia.
- In Europe: SIGNIS has national members in 20 countries in Europe, and one regional association: SIGNIS-Europe.
- In Latin America: SIGNIS has national members in 14 countries in Latin America, and one regional association: SIGNIS-ALC
- In North America: SIGNIS has national members in 2 countries in North America.
- In the Pacific: SIGNIS has national members in 13 countries in the Pacific, and one regional association: SIGNIS-Pacific.
- International members: SIGNIS has 12 international members
You can join SIGNIS as a Member or as an Associate.
Major advantages in joining SIGNIS are:
- To be connected with the six active desks operating in SIGNIS: Journalism, Cinema, TV, Radio, Media Education, Digital
- The opportunity to participate in SIGNIS, ecumenical or interfaith juries at more than 35 film and television festivals around the world
- Accreditation and the right to use the SIGNIS name and logo
- Priority access to the technical services of SIGNIS Services Rome
- The possibility of receiving letters of recommendation for scholarships, aid agencies or events
- The creation of partnerships and collaborations with other members
- Global visibility: promoting your activities through our website, social networks and print publications
- Access to the largest international network of Catholic communicators
- Discounts when participating in SIGNIS events
- For young media professionals: the possibility to take part in the SIGNIS Talent Plus events and training for youth together with media experts
What is the difference between a Member and an Associate?
- A member has a voting right during the Assemblies, associates do not have this voting right
Who can become a member?
- National Catholic Associations that bring together institutions and persons that are active in journalism / audiovisual media/media education in a country.
- International Catholic organizations for communication, which are active in several countries in the world, and which pursue similar goals to those of SIGNIS.
Who can become an associate?
- Institutions, which are active in a country or part of a country, in connection with a national association for communication, and which pursue similar goals to those of SIGNIS.
- Persons, who are active in the fields of communication, in connection with a national association for communication, and who pursue similar aims to those of SIGNIS.