SIGNIS: the World Catholic Association for Communication -Registered in Fribourg, Switzerland, Rue de Lausanne, 86, C.P. 271, 1701 Fribourg- with Administrative Office in Belgium (Rue de l’Industrie, 10. 1000 Brussels, Belgium) is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. This policy is intended to give you an understanding of how and why we use the information you provide to us with both online and otherwise.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we will collect, use and store your data.
By using our website or providing us with your personal information you agree to it being used and stored in the manner set out in this policy. We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are - but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is personal data. Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, photos...
- We collect information about everyone who engages with SIGNIS. This could be members, subscribers, partners, those who participate in our or events, juries, employees, trustees or project applicants for funding agencies.
- We collect information from members and donors to provide services or goods, to provide information, to fundraise for our work, to resource our activities and fulfil our charitable objectives and for administration.
- We only collect the information that we need or that you agree we can collect.
- We do our best to keep personal information secure wherever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for their own purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected service providers who carry out work for us. We recognise the importance of ensuring that all our service providers treat your data as carefully as we would, use it only as instructed, and allow us to check that they do this.